Friday, May 16, 2008

Red Bull Air Races, San Diego, May 4th 2008

Michelle took me down to see the Red Bull Air Races in San Diego for my birthday this year. She knows I've wanted to see it for several years now and we weren't able to make the trip to San Francisco a few years ago when they were racing there. We also had an opportunity to visit some relatives during dinner while we were in the area.

The races were incredible. I was surprised at how close we got to the race course especially for such an aggressive race. These airplanes are flying over 200 mph through gates that are barely wider than their wingspan. I had a great time, thanks Michelle!

Here is an airplane clearing the gate closest to us.


Notice the CVN-76 USS Reagan in the background of this plane starting the course.


Here is the Redbull aerobatic helicopter, the only one in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment