Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Brian and Angie's Wedding

Michelle and I drove down to LAX Friday October 31st for our flight back to WI for Brian and Angie's wedding. We met up with Michelle's sister Lisa who was on the same flight, but unfortunately the airplane was booked and we couldn't get seats together. Michelle and I weren't even sitting next to each other although we were across from each other. The guy that was supposed to sit in the middle next to me switch with Michelle so she could sit next to me and he could get an aisle seat.

The flight was uneventful and I was actually able to sleep a little bit of the way (we left around 4:30am so I was tired). Michelle's dad Jack picked us up from the Milwaukee airport and drove us home. We weren't there long before heading over to Mark and Carley's so we could see the kids trick or treating. Tierney was a midnight fairy, Norah was batgirl, and Declan was Aaron Rogers. I took the lamp out of the baggage and set it up to make sure it was still intact; it was but I had to bend it back in to shape a little. We decided to pack the lamp with us since they were gouging us pretty badly to have it shipped.

Saturday morning was lazy, the rest of the family was helping Brian set up for the wedding, but they didn't need our help so we got up slowly. Mark had Ironman so we watched that, it was actually pretty good. We left for the wedding early since we were planning on helping them set up and since Carley needed some time to set up the cake that she made for them. The cake was incredible and Michelle and I worked on melting chocolate for the chocolate fountain. Right about now is when we figured out that we forgot to bring the lamp to the wedding!





The theme of the wedding was Halloween / fall with colored leaves for decoration and a candy bar. I was very impressed with how well the place looked considering they had such short time to set all of this up. The wedding itself was very short and straight to the point, exactly how they wanted it. I thought it was great, I like these kinds of weddings.


They had all sorts of options for the lunch including chicken, vegetarian, beef, veggies, cheese and crackers, etc. and it was delicious. Angie's mom catered the wedding herself (with her crew) and did a fantastic job. Again I was so impressed with how well it turned out so quickly. After dinner they moved some tables and had some dancing, although I don't remember them doing any of the formal dances. I love the dancing pictures, but figured I probably shouldn't post any of them.



Monday evening, Brian and Angie held their gift opening. It was just a few people that went over there, but it was fun seeing what they got and what kind of taste they have.


Congratulations Brian and Angie, now comes the pressure for grand kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment