Saturday, January 19, 2008

Flight Tracking

This is pretty cool, you can track my airplane when I go flying (see the link below). It looks like it bases it's info from flight controllers. This means that I'm only tracked when I'm on an IFR flight plan, and maybe tracked when I'm on a VFR flight plan with flight following. Since I'm not currently legal, I don't file IFR even when it's severe clear. I hope to regain my currency this summer.

By the way, the last flight that was recorded (as of 19 Jan 08), was the flight on 26 Dec 07, when Maynard and Duaine flew it from Detroit to Manitowoc. They flew it over for me to test fly and have a pre-purchase inspection completed. Since that all went well, I bought the airplane on the 27th. Merry X-mas to me!

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N951CC


No comments:

Post a Comment