Monday, February 22, 2010

Katie showing off her oxygen mask

Last year I bought an oxygen system at the EAA Airventure. The vendor gave me a free children's mask when I told him we had a baby. Now that we own a Cessna skylane, we are able to fly high enough to require supplemental oxygen. We are planning on flying from CA to WI this summer to visit family and to be part of the Cessnas 2 Oshkosh formation flight into the 2010 EAA Airventure.

In 2006 we flew through WA to fly north around the Rockies. In 2008, I flew through TX south around the Rockies (and weather). This year we plan on flying through the Rockies in Colorado and we will be flying high. Michelle and I have tested the O2 flying to Phoenix when we cruised at 17,500 feet enroute.

I've been gradually trying to get Katie used to the mask so that she wouldn't have a problem wearing it this summer. Up till now she freaked out every time I give it to her. This time she did great. She held it up to her face on her own and wore it for quite awhile without complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment