Friday, February 12, 2010

N951CC flies to Santa Barbara

The family flew to Santa Barbara to visit with Lisa for lunch and to hang out on State st. This was the first time I landed at a class C airport. Seems weird that I haven't flown into one earlier, but I just haven't.

I heard a lot of reports of steep ramp fees, but those were waived with just 7 gallons of gas. Their rate was a dollar more than my home field so I really only paid $7 for ramp fees. I'd rather not pay anything, but this wasn't the end of the world. I certainly won't avoid Santa Barbara if that is the most suitable airport.

The flight there and back was nice and smooth, but we had to rush out in order to beat the sun. We won, but only by 30 minutes. Hopefully we'll have more time to spend there next time.

Michelle did some camera work to get some new points of view while flying. Here's the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment